Software Engineer, Generalist
- Pittsburgh, PA Full Time Research and Development
RobotWits is currently seeking an experienced software engineer passionate about developing and deploying robust software systems. We are looking for programmers that can design and implement production level code, design robust testing stacks, and optimize our current codebase. You must thrive in a fast-paced, small-team environment, and be able to quickly learn and apply new skills in the development of self-driving car algorithms. We are looking for an experienced candidate who will quickly become an integral part of the team and who is eager to be a key contributor to our core technologies.
RobotWits is a small robotics company specializing in the development of advanced technologies for automated (self-driving) vehicles. It is conveniently located in the center of the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, just a 5-minute walk from the Carnegie Mellon University campus. The company is led by a CMU professor in Robotics and has a highly talented team of roboticists and programmers.
C++, ROS, Python, Jenkins, Docker and much more
- Implement state-of-the-art algorithms in an efficient and maintainable way
- Develop test suites to thoroughly test different configurations of our product
- Update, optimize, and fix bugs in current code
- Degree in Computer Science or Robotics, or equivalent working experience; higher degree such as MS/PhD is a plus
- Experience developing and debugging robust software systems for real robotic applications
- Proficient with C/C++
- Good analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Good oral and written communication skills, including presentation of technical material to clients
- Ability to work effectively in a small team
- 3-7 years of programming experience with strong software development skills
- Familiarity with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience implementing planning algorithms such as Dijkstra's or A*
How to Apply?
If you are excited about our technology and want to be a part of RobotWits LLC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by sending your CV/resume.