Software Engineer, Motion Planning
- Pittsburgh, PA Full Time Research and Development
RobotWits is currently seeking an experienced software engineer passionate about developing and deploying robust software systems for prediction, planning, and decision making on self-driving vehicles. We are looking for programmers who thrive in a fast-paced, small-team environment, and are able to quickly learn and apply new skills in the development of improved self-driving car planning algorithms. We are looking for an experienced candidate who will quickly become an integral part of the team and who is eager to be a key contributor to our core technologies.
RobotWits is a small robotics company specializing in the development of advanced technologies for automated (self-driving) vehicles. It is conveniently located in the center of the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, just a 5-minute walk from the Carnegie Mellon University campus. The company is led by a CMU professor in Robotics and has a highly talented team of roboticists and programmers.
C++, ROS, Python, Jenkins, Docker and much more
- Degree in Computer Science or Robotics, or equivalent working experience; higher degree such as MS/PhD is a plus
- Experience developing and debugging robust software systems for real robotic applications
- Proficient with C/C++
- Good analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Good oral and written communication skills, including presentation of technical material to clients
- Ability to work effectively in a small team
- 3-7 years of programming experience with strong software development skills
- Familiarity with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience implementing planning algorithms such as A*
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques such as Bayesian Regression, Ensemble learning methods, boosting, etc.
How to Apply?
If you are excited about our technology and want to be a part of RobotWits LLC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by sending your CV/resume.